FMGE is the acronym for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination. Furthermore, the examination is carried out by the National Board of Examination (NBE). Besides, this was established by the Government of India back in 1975. Moreover, the NBE is the authority that determines the FMGE 2024 eligibility criteria for Indian nationals and Overseas Citizens of India.
The eligibility criteria of FMGE 2024 constitutes a set of rules and conditions that the potential candidates should fulfil. Once the candidates fulfil this, they are eligible for the screening test that will be carried out by the authorities in charge.
The conditions are largely related to basic information like nationality, qualification, internship and so on. Besides, candidates who fall short of fulfilling the required criteria will not be allowed to sit the exams.
The objective of the screening test is to obtain provisional or permanent registration certificate from Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC) for the FMGE for Indian nationals or overseas citizens of India. Moreover, it is conducted by the NBE twice every year. Read on to get all the information regarding the FMGE Exam Eligibility criteria in detail.
FMGE 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Medical students are better off going through the requirements mentioned for the eligibility for the FMGE exam 2024 before applying. You will find below a list of the requirements for eligibility as stipulated by the NBE for the reference of the candidates.
1. Foreign students who are considering applying should either be a citizen of India or Overseas citizens of India.
2. They should hold a primary medical qualification from a recognized institution. However, Indian Embassy of the associated country should confirm it.
3. The candidates are expected to submit the necessary documents to validate their claim that they have successfully completed and are qualified in the final examination of Primary Medical exam on or before the specified date.
4. Candidates may not appear for the FMGE screening tests to obtain the provisional or permanent registration under some conditions. If they have completed their undergraduate and the postgraduation in necessary medical qualifying exams from a set of countries they are given leeway.
5. Candidates from those countries apply and register directly with the MCI or SMC for the certificate and carry on with their practice in India.
Find below the countries that enjoy this consideration
– New Zealand
– United States of America
– United Kingdom
Hope you found this information hopeful. Diligently fulfil the FMGE Eligibility requirement as detailed in this blog. Good luck with your FMGE 2024 exam.